Whether you already live in Southwest Florida or are considering moving here, this part of the country is a great place to live. Here are just a few of the reasons savvy retirees have made Southwest Florida (and the Naples area in particulr) their home.
- Weather: Everybody already knows that Florida’s climate is a big draw. This time of year in particular, people are reminded about just how nice it is. When you live here, you never have to worry about escaping the cold—you’ve already escaped! What about those summer months when the temperatures get hot? There are plenty of ways to stay cool. And here’s an idea for a cool remodeling project for your warm weather home!
- Great Golf: Naturally people think about golf when they think about retiring to Florida. But you don’t have to settle for the same old round of eighteen every time. The area surrounding Naples has some of the best golf courses around.
- Outstanding Healthcare: There’s no question that you’ll pay a bit more attention to your health when you retire. It’s easy to find quality care in the Naples area. Take advantage of great healthcare at a number of fantastic facilities close by.
- “Beaches R Us!”: If you want to get out and enjoy the sun, sand, and water, this is the place to do it. Naples has some of the most gorgeous, unspoiled beaches anywhere in the United States. One of those is the Delnor-Wiggins Pass Beach—listed as one of the top 10 beaches in the country. At the beach you can enjoy jet skiing, swimming or playing volleyball—or simply relax and soak up the sun.
- No Worries About Safety: If you’re planning to retire, you’re looking to eliminate stress—not add to it. That’s another reason the Naples area makes sense as a place to retire. Areavibes.com reports that the crime rate in Naples is well below the National average (and 18 percent lower than the average in the rest of Florida). Even property crime is 12 percent lower than the rest of Florida.
If you don’t already live in the area, you may discover that things are a little different here. Here’s a helpful post that talks about things to consider when moving to the Naples area.
If you already live here, you may want to make some changes to your existing home to make it the ideal place to relax and enjoy life with family and friends. Whether you want to make some changes that allow you to stay in your home comfortably for years to come—or if you simply want to remodel your home to start a new chapter in life, download our free Remodeling a House, Creating a Home eBook. It’s packed with ideas and information you need in order to create the perfect retirement place!