One of the big questions homeowners ask when considering a remodel of their Naples home is: “Will it be worth it?” It’s a fair enough question. After all, you’ll be making a significant investment of time and money. And to be honest, even with careful, courteous, professionals like the ones from Reed Design Build, the process is somewhat disruptive. So, does remodeling your Naples home really pay off?
Let’s take a look at this quesiton from a couple of different perspectives. First, there’s the financial side of the story. Not all remodeling projects are created equal. Some renovations have a much higher return on investment than others. Let’s take a look at five common remodeling projects and their return on investment (as reported by www.remodeling.hw.net).
- Deck Addition: Adding a wood deck to your home can generate an 87.4 percent return on your investment.
- Major Kitchen Remodel: Undertake a major remodeling of your kitchen and you can see a 74.2 percent return on your investment.
- Bathroom Remodel: Remodeling your bathroom can give you a 72.5 percent return on your investment when you decide to sell your home.
- Family Room Addition: If you choose to add a family room to your home, that can bring in a return on your investment of 68.8 percent.
- Home Office Remodel: If you decide to remodel or create a home office, you can expect about a 48.9 percent return on your investment.
You can see that some projects appear to have a significantly higher return on investment when it comes time to sell your home. But that is really only part of the story—and we might argue that it’s not the most important part.
Your home isn’t just a financial investment. It’s where you live. It’s your retreat from the world. It’s where you enjoy your family and friends and make memories. And it’s the place where you can relax, enjoy yourself, and feel at home.
If you enjoy entertaining—whether it’s formal or informal, for larger groups or intimate groups of friends—remodeling your kitchen, dining room, or family room really isn’t about how much you’ll get back when you sell your home. It’s about enjoying your home to its fullest now. The same is true if you decide to remodel your master bathroom, or your whole home or condo.
Sure, there are some projects that probably don’t make as much financial sense as others. As a design-build remodeler, we can discuss with you which plans will deliver the biggest bang for your buck—both in terms of finances and comfort.
If you’re considering heading down the road to remodeling your Naples area home, we invite you to download our free Remodeling Road Map eBook. It’s a great guide to helping you find your way in the remodeling process—and make sure your home remodeling project really pays off in the end!