Some people might consider Pelican Bay to be the poster child for luxury planned development communities. Back in the 1970s the developer wanted to create a beautiful new community while preserving the eco system of the surrounding area and providing access to three miles of beautiful white sand beachfront.
By the way, if you think “development” and eco systems can’t coexist, we invite you to take a look at this live Osprey Nest Cam to get a feel for how of the non-humans also enjoy the area!
The community actually features two distinct beach locations—at the south and north ends of the community that can be accessed by residents via an electric tram system. After a short trip on a raised boardwalk that takes them past mangrove forests they arrive at the beach front where they have beach chars, restaurants and a bar at their disposal. For those who want more activity there are a number of options from which they can choose, including:
- Tennis—Pelican Bay is one of the most active tennis communities in southwest Florida and offers instruction, mixers, and special events at their two outstanding tennis facilities
- Fitness—Community residents can take advantage of a state-of-the art Fitness Center, relaxing and rejuvenating Wellness Studio, and comprehensive Nutrition and Health program
- Sailing/Conoeing/Kayaking—are available to residents who can use sea kayaks at both the South and North beaches, take advantage of the fleet of six sailboats, or go canoeing in the Estuary.
- Fishing—Members are allowed to fish in a number of locations throughout Pelican Bay, including unpopulated areas on the Boardwalks, Clam Bay and the beaches
- Art Studio/Classes—Here’s a place where residents can unleash their inner artist and get inspired (and even learn more)
- Bridge Groups—abound in Pelican Bay with groups for ladies and men. There’s duplicate bridge and even bridge instruction available
Of course the beach isn’t the only place to go for entertainment. Serious golfers can check out the private membership Club Pelican Bay that boasts 27 holes, no tee-times, and a very limited equity membership. And if players work up an appetite they have their choice from seven different fabulous dinning options. Click here for more information about Club Pelican Bay.
There are, naturally, numerous other fantastic dining opportunities in Pelican Bay. A visit to the Waterside Shops (where you can shop for everything from women’s fashions to a new Tesla!) will take you past a wide variety of gourmet restaurants and casual eateries.
Community members can find an abundance of fun and flavorful dining option right within the community. Click here for more information on the six great Pelican Bay restaurants that provide extraordinary dining experience—without ever leaving the community!
The community is designed with convenience in mind. Virtually everything you need, from shopping, to dining, to entertainment, to scenic vistas is just a short walk or drive from your residence. Residents of Pelican Bay have a number of residential options as well. In addition to the luxury high-rise units mentioned above, there are villa communities and custom single family home communities.
If you’re fortunate enough to live in Pelican Bay what do you do if the home you’re in—even in a great community like this—isn’t exactly the way you want it to be? Even the most beautiful homes, in the greatest of settings, can start to feel a little bit too “lived in” after a while. What if you want to freshen things up a bit? Or what if your needs have changed? What if the kitchen you thought was so cute and convenient when you first moved in now feels a bit cramped or closed in? Or perhaps that master bathroom with the soaking tub was great a few years ago, but what you really want is a doorless step-in shower that’s easy to access (and looks great)?
Remodeling your Pelican Bay home (whether you’ve lived there for years, or are thinking about purchasing an existing home in the community) is something you can’t take lightly. If you live in a condo, you not only have to consider how you want to change your living space—you also need to consider how to make your improvements without running afoul of your condominium’s rules and regulations. Condominium remodeling is one of our specialties. We know how to get the maximum impact out of the space in your condo—and we’re careful to make sure you’re in compliance with your associations requirements.
We give the same exacting attention to detail when we remodel single-family homes in the Naples area. I invite you to take a look at some of the projects we’ve worked on with homeowners all around the Naples area. Our goal is to turn your beautiful home that you’ll enjoy even more.