Outstanding home remodeling begins with great home design and a clear plan that allows you to achieve your goals for a more comfortable, enjoyable home. But sometimes, it’s the little touches you add later that increase functionality, comfort, and convenience. Smart homes are no longer a “new” thing, but the technology that’s available continues to evolve. Here’s a look at a few of the outstanding smart home technologies that you may want to consider for your Naples-area home.
- Amazon Echo is a hands-free, voice-controlled speaker. It connects to the Alexa Voice Service to play music, access, news, sports scores, weather, and more—instantly. All you have to do is ask. You can use if from across the room—even while music is playing. When you want to use Echo, just say, "Alexa" and Echo responds instantly. If you have more than one Echo or Echo Dot, Alexa responds from the unit closest to you. You can connect to services you already use (Spotify, Pandora, and Google Calendar, etc.), and you can also set up your smart home devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, SmartThings, Insteon, ecobee, and more.
- Philips Hue Wireless Dimming Kit lets you enjoy smooth wireless dimming of your lights. There’s no installation needed. Just place the switch anywhere you like and use it as a remote control. With this installation free kit, all you have to do is screw in the Hue White LED bulb in your standard fixture and switch on the light. You can immediately control your light using the battery-powered Hue Dimmer switch. Place this anywhere you need a light switch and use it as a regular wall switch.
- The SkyBell HD WiFi Video Doorbell connects to your home's WiFi and lets you see, hear and speak to visitors at your door—whether you’re home or not! Simply use your Smartphone or tablet to access the doorbell from anywhere. The unit’s 1080p camera, full-color night vision, motion sensor and live alerts will give you peace of mind to answer the door without compromising your safety.
- Lutron's Serena Remote Controlled Shades can make window shades in hard-to-reach places more accessible. That’s a real advantage for homeowners who have difficulty reaching and manipulating window coverings. Not only do they boast features like Siri voice control and geo-fencing-based automation, they also integrate with plenty of other smart home gadgets, like thermostats and lights.
- Kuna's Toucan camera is a great option if outside security is something you think about for your Naples home (but don’t want to worry about). Night or day, Kuna’s smart outdoor security camera system detects movement at your door and sends actionable alerts to your iOS or Android device, allowing you to safely take action using Kuna’s lights(s), HD live video feed, two-way intercom, prerecorded deterrent messages, and 100+ decibel siren. It includes HD live video feed so you can see what’s happening outside your home at any time. The two-way Intercom allows you to safely hear and talk to people outside your home. You can receive actionable activity alerts on your mobile device. There’s an outdoor 100+ decibel siren you can activate to deter unwanted visitors. The device is also easy to install in just 15 minutes with no wires, and no need to replace batteries.