One question that everbody contemplating a significant remodeling project wants to know the answer to is:“how much is the undertaking going to cost?” Nobody is going to hand a remodeler a blank check and say: “Surprise me!”
While the question is simple and straightforward, the answer is going to vary with each and every project. If you check out our reviews on houzz.com you’ll see projects in the $1,000 to $9,999 range mixed in with others in the $50,000 to $100,000 range, and even some that cost more than $100,000.
So what will your Naples-area home remodeling project cost? Naturally that depends on the exact scope of your project. But to give you at least an approximation of what you might spend—and what you’ll get for your money—let’s take a look at a few examples of typical kitchen remodel projects we’ve done.
Reface Or Pull And Replace Cabinets: $25,000 to $35,000
- Remove existing cabinets/doors and replace with new ones
- Install new cabinet knobs and pulls
- Install level 1 granite countertops
- Install new tile backsplash
- Add new stainless steel (or other type) sink and faucet
- Touch up exisiting paint
High Rise Kitchen Remodel: $65,000 to $85,000
Remodeling a kitchen in a high rise or condo can present special challenges such as dealing with elevators, limited working hours (due to association rules), and special structural concerns. You can’t just take out a wall without knowing what is behind it in a high rise.
Upscale Single Family Kitchen Remodel: $75,000 to $100,000
- Tearing out walls (when necessary)
- Complete re-do of electrical including circuit breakers and overhead lighting
- Add upgraded cabinet finishes
- Install level 3 (or higher) granite countertops
- Install elaborate backsplashes
- Create specialty storage spaces
- Install new flooring
For a better idea of the kind of results you can expect, click here for a images of what these—and other—remodeling projects can look like.
Your specific costs will depend on the plan you create with your designer and builder, but these examples can give you at least an idea of how to budget—and also give you a taste for the kind of results you can expect!