No doubt you’ve seen the bumper stickers and signs that urge you to do business locally. It’s always good to do what you can to support and strengthen the local economy, but there are other reasons why choosing a local remodeler for your Naples-area home makes sense.
A lot of builders and remodelers (and their employees) flock to Florida in the winter months to take advantage of the great weather. They’re really only here part time, disappearing during the summer months. An established remodeler with a solid reputation is a better bet for your home remodeling project. Here’s why:
- Subcontractors: Virtually every builder or remodeler uses subcontractors for specialty work on a project. An established local remodeler knows which contractors are reliable and do quality work. A company thatonly works here part time simply doesn’t know the local workforce as well.
- Materials: Well-established companies have long-standing relationships with the vendors who supply the materials needed for your project. You are much less likely to face delays or added costs associated with bringing in materials from outside.
- Local Codes and Ordinances:It’s important that your remodeling project is done according to local building codes and ordinances. The last thing you want to have is a failed inspection because a contractor didn’t know about or adhere to codes. On top of that, local remodelers know exactly where to go to pull the appropriate permits. And if you should run into an issue, a local builder has a much better chance of working with officials to resolve the problem.
- Accountability: When you deal with a Naples-area remodeler—one who is here all year long—you’re dealing with someone who has a reputation to protect in the community where they live. If they don’t deliver the quality and value they promise, they can’t just head down the road to the next job. You’ll also find that community-based remodelers are accountable to local or regional associations, such as the Florida Home Builders Association (as well as to national trade organizations).
- Availability:When you use a local remodeler to work on your home, you’ll be able to rest easy knowing that if there is ever an issue (or if you want to make a change or an adjustment), you’ll be able to reach the people that worked on your project quickly and easily.
When it comes to remodeling your Naples-area home, local matters—for the benefit of the community and for your own peace of mind and satisfaction.